RUMUS SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE:
- (+) S + Verb 1 (+s/es).
Bentuk positif, bukan negatif atau pertanyaan. Contoh: Sun rises from east.
- (-) S + Do/Does + not + Verb 1.
Contoh: I do not know what you are talking about.
- (?) Do/Does + S + Verb 1.
Contoh: Do you love me baby?
- Untuk membuat artikel yang tidak menunjukkan waktu. e.g: According my oppinion, poligami is forbidden (menurutku, poligami itu dilarang)
- Untuk menunjukkan kebenaran mutlak.e.g: sugar is sweet (gula itu manis)
- Untuk menunjukkan pekerjaan rutin. e.g: I go to school everyday (saya pergi ke sekolah setiap hari)
- Kalimat dengan subjek orang ketiga tunggal, He, She, It dalam kalimat positif harus ditambah huruf “S” dibelakang kata kerjanya, dan jika dalam kalimat pertanyaan atau negatif harus menggunakan “does” contoh: The cat walks in front of me, then it eats the fish; does she see it?
- Menggunakan keterangan waktu yang konsisten/terus menerus. Contoh: everyday, everywhere, annual.
Demikianlah rumus simple present tense fungsi dan contohnya. Untuk mematangkan pemahaman, silahkan mencoba menyelesaikan latihan soal di bawah ini.
CONTOH DALAM KALIMAT.
In 2014 the Indonesians have an opportunity to reboot their country. Parliamentary elections are due in April, followed by a presidential election in July. Most of the likely presidential candidates inspire little confidence, at home or abroad. They are throwbacks to the era of President Suharto, deposed in a popular uprising in 1998, and they all have strong ties (often familial) to the ruling elites. Prabowo Subianto, leader of his own party, Gerindra, for example, headed the army special forces under Suharto and was married to the president’s daughter. The clear front-runner, however, is unlikely to declare himself until May, or even June: Joko Widodo, since 2012 the governor of the capital, Jakarta.
Mr Joko, known to all by his nickname Jokowi, could be the man to give Indonesia a new sense of purpose after the years of drift and missed opportunities under the dithering Mr Yudhoyono. Jokowi, by contrast, has been lauded for his “decisiveness” in his running of the central Javanese city of Solo, during which he pushed through innovative policies. And in a land of often pompous, corrupt politicians, Jokowi has an open style—posting recordings of his meetings with city officials and residents on YouTube, for instance.
Jawablah 5 soal di bawah ini:
Simple Present Tense