NEVER TRY SMOKING
- A lot of people, especially teenagers, who do not smoke, always want to try smoking. They know it is bad for them and all, but it is just something they want to try. So they ask one of their smoker friends for a cigarette. Admittedly, they firstly can not light it on their own so they ask his friend to do it. Then they inhale that cigarette and smoke occasionally.
- Apparently that makes them the born smokers. Now they do smoke fairly regularly. They can not avoid smoking and they enjoy too. They have smoker friends. Everyday they bring a pack in their pocket. For them, a pack of cigarette is as important as a wallet for their money.
- Suddenly, for certain reason, they realize the fact that tobacco is the cause of a long list of nasty diseases. It is not only heart disease, stroke, and chronic lung disease but also bladder, lung, and pancreatic cancer. Even it was reported that around 400,000 Americans died each year. It was one every 80 seconds from tobacco-related illnesses.
- Then they decide it is stupid to harm selves. They want to quit smoking. Unfortunately, they find that quitting smoking is so difficult. “Why can’t I stop smoking? I really want to stop it”. It is hard to quit because nicotine is powerfully addictive. Cigarette is one of the most efficient drug-delivery devices ever devised. As result, when people try to quit smoking, they often experience classic nicotine withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, irritability, headache, depression, and restlessness.
- Well, still want to try smoke? Think the facts before trying! If you are not smoker, you should never and never try to smoke.
- Paragraf 1&2 adalah Thesis, menerangkan keprihatinan penulis terhadap adanya “gejala/fakta” sebagian orang (fokus pada manusia) terutama anak remaja yang merokok.
- Paragraf 3&4 adalah Argument, menerangkan argumentasinya tentang bahaya merokok bagi kesehatan.
- Paragraf terakhir adalah Recomendation, memberikan rekomendasi/saran kepada pembaca yang belum merokok agar jangan sekali-kali mencoba.