The Advantage and Disadvantage of Nuclear Power
- Nuclear power is generated by using uranium which is a metal mined in various part of the world. The first large scale of nuclear power station was opened at Calder Hall in Cumbria, England in 1956.
- Some military ships and submarines have nuclear power plant for engine. Nuclear power produces around 11% of the world’s energy needed, and produces huge amounts of energy. It cause no pollution as we would get when burning fossil fuels. The advantages of nuclear plant are as follow:
- It costs about the same coal, so it is not expansive to make.
- It does not produce smoke or carbon dioxide, so it does not contribute to the greenhouse effect.
- It produces huge amounts of energy from small amount of uranium.
- It produces small amount of waste.
- It is reliable.
- On the other hand, nuclear power is very, very dangerous. It must be sealed up and buried for many years to allow the radioactivity to die away. Furthermore, although it is reliable, a lot of money has to be spent on safety because if it does go wrong, a nuclear accident ca be a major accident.
- People are increasingly concerned about this matter. In the 1990′s nuclear power was the fastest growing source of power in many parts of the world.
- Paragraf pertama memaparkan isu tentang penggunaan nuclear power
- Paragraf kedua memaparkan tentang manfaat nuclear power disusul dengan pendapat yang berlawanan pada paragraf ketiga yang menerangkan bahayanya nuclear power
- Paragraf ke empat Elaboration tentang pendalaman lebih jauh mengenai materi yang sedang diperdebatkan (nuclear power) bahwa pada tahun 1990 an, tenaga nuklir merupakan sumber energi yang berkembang cukup pesat di dunia.